Skip to main content

MX Linux making it mine!

MX linux installation was fun and a short one because I brought a new PC. Enjoy the article written in no particular order.


so i was installed chromium and to my surprise it already had DuckDuckGo as the search engine by default. What I don't know is that chromium automatically took firefox's default search engine or it was by default but I was impressed! 


one thing I need to figure out is how to drag and resize windows to left right and maximum with mouse. I'm missing that feature on MX Linux. 


 Trying SMPlayer, heard a lot about it that it has better Youtube playback support than the browser version. At first, it requires a plugin from github I downloaded it, turns out it didn't work for my system. it downloads the plugin and just gives successful message. Probably Youtube blocked it's API for SMPlayer. Will try it later. 


 So doing some research I found out that if you use Alt button with firefox we can jump switch between previous and next window of that particular tab. For example if you want to go to previous searched window press Alt + left button and to go to next window press Alt + right. 


 For window to swap to left or right use Windows key + right to swap to right side of the monitor and windows + left to move to left and other directions accordingly. Still on the hunt to find to do it with mouse controls. Probably, there must be a setting for it to enable via mx tools. 


 Also if you ever had to force close an application you can close via the task manager if you know the name of the process running or just open a terminal windows by pressing ALT + CRTL + T button and type xkill. A cross icon will appear just position it on the task that you would like to kill and click on it. It would be closed forcefully. 


 To remove single click on desktop and inside the Thunar file manager. Go to MX tweaks and then choose Config Options from the top menu and untick single-click in tunar file manager, untick single click Desktop. 


 One thing about MX Linux is that you start to love it without doing to much of troubleshooting. I mean the options are just there, you just have to browse through them briefy and you will find an option or application already in the application menu.


 So i found window manager settings in MX tools, then choose MX tools, click Tweak, choose window manager at the bottom center. Click on it's icon not on the name. From the top menu go to Advanced. play with the windows snapping options, it didn't work out for me now, but it worked the first time i tried. I messed up the settings i guess will try later after some research. 


 Now, I am searching for snapdrop app for linux but turns out i am supposed to use it via browser only. sad but it's okay instead of using android nearby share I am using something that's open source. Have heard about kde connect a lot should also give it a try as I have forgot my Telegram Two factor authentication code. I have heard you can reply to text messages via kde connect from pc. For sharing files locally use Snapdrop.net on any device which has internet connectivity. warning: it will only work locally meaning device connected to the same wifi network. If you want o share files to united states via India then it won't work for that you have other apps like send anywhere. 


 A week is already over. Today it is 14th July 2023, 9:00 pm. The computer was not working because it's power supply was defauted I believe but it is working now. Miracle! let' move on to try KDE connect now. 

 Installing it is very straight forward just search for it in the synaptic package installer and select the package, right click on it to mark for installation and then press apply. Let it take it's time to download all the dependencies, for me it took about 5 mins. Your mileage may vary. 


 For me it is not working because I using the same device for internet as tethering and kde connect i believe, will try with another phone as internet connection and phone only for kde connect. so after some tinkering with the setting on the desktop app you will find the device in the find devices section but stated as not trusted so you must pair them for connection. Looks like its mission failed for kde connect as i was not able to reply to telegram messages via kde connect. will research more later.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Maximum earning of bitcoin without referring and sharing

I know you can earn millions if you get the right amount of friends to work for you using your referral links but what if you guys are just like me who does not get any referrals or does not have any friends and want to earn bitcoin with on his own hard work. You can do it believe me I am doing it. The problem here is you will have to work on multiple bitcoin faucets website to get maximum value in bitcoin 1) First create a FaucetPay account, everything which you will work will be deposited in this account.        create your faucetPay account from here 2) Sign up and verify your email then follow my special chosen bitcoin faucet list which pays instant withdrawal without any hassle to bitcoin. These are faucets which I have personally tried and tested. I might earn a commission if you proceed ahead by using my recommended faucets.        Visit this link to view all bitcoin faucets    In your faucetpay account, Go to Dashboard-----> wallet and then click on deposit

How to watch Jio tv on smart/Android TV via Kodi

Today we will learn how to implement jio tv app with the help of kodi app from Play Store. Don't get me wrong we can directly watch Jio tv on our tv but the app is optimised for mobile, so using it on a tv without a mouse or keyboard because a task. With kodi app you get to do everything with just the remote which came with the tv and the interface is relatively easy if you get the hang of it. Kodi can be difficult if you cannot figure out anything explained in this tutorial because you have never used this application.  Will try my level best to explain without any images because I don't have a massive following who reads my blogs and I don't want to waste my resources writing a good blog. Deal with it. This tutorial is written with Modi's matrix version your mileage may vary depending upon time.  1) First of all download kodi application from Play Store or download via apkmirror if your tv does not have an Play Store built in. I know you are the one who doesn't ha

How to block ads on your web browser

  Today, we will learn how to block advertisements on your browser. Don’t get me wrong I am not against advertisements but sometimes it becomes nagging after getting hit by the same ad everywhere. I have an Pentium  4 processor based computer and it cannot handle day-to-day tasks of the modern web. So, to increase it’s life span I use ad block  and it is fairly usable  after that to use the computer. Install Ublock origin plugin for Firefox or Google chrome and it should do the job for almost all the average Joe. Here’s the link to add it into your Firefox browser https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/ublock-origin/?utm_source=addons.mozilla.org&utm_medium=referral&utm_content=search I use Firefox as my default browser if you want it for google just click on the link and watch it’s developer name and icon you can easily find it in your chromium store. https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/ublock-origin/cjpalhdlnbpafiamejdnhcphjbkeiagm?hl=en If you like DNS level ad