It is a must to submit your blog to webmaster, as the search engine will start gathering all your blog posts and rendering them into the search engine keywords. On the scale of 1-10 I give this tutorial a 6 which should be fairly easy for today’s tutorial. If there are any doubts you can feel free to ask in the comments section below.
What is a Keyword?
Keywords are phrases or words. Remember search engine works on the concept of keywords and each keyword has some value in the search engine. You should always write your blog posts according to the keyword content by that matter you can rank quicker. For example take the title of this post “How to submit your BlogSpot to Google Webmasters” here “How-submit-BlogSpot-Google-webmaster” all and each word are keywords according to Google and every keyword has its Potential to rank in Google.
Why you should submit your Sitemap to Webmasters?
So whenever you submit your blog to webmasters. Your blog will then counter parted by the Google bots which has the spiders and crawlers to Index your webpage. By submitting your sitemap to Google it also means that your website does exit on any corner on the search engine and has some existence.
Recommended for those who has more blog posts/directories because sometimes the Google Bot ignores and as a result of that newer posts won’t show in search engine, doesn’t matter if you have a few posts it’s good to submit so that they’ll be cached whenever you post anything on your blog.
How to submit sitemap to Google webmasters?
- First go to Google webmasters site from here.
- Sign in with your Google account (keep that in mind that you require a Google account for that)
- You’ll be greeted with the dashboard now you have to spot red box which is add Property, click on it and then enter your blog address.
- Copy the code and paste in the your blog, here follow these steps
Open new window in chrome.
- Go to blogger dashboard
- Navigate to template and then click on edit template.
- Then you’ll get a message that it is successfully verified, then click continue and you’ll be once again greeted with the Google webmasters dashboard.
- Now click on sitemaps from dashboard and click on add test sitemap.
Code for BlogSpot sitemap
- Copy paste this code into that box and then click on test, this will ensure that everything is going correct, you’ll be able to see how much posts have been tested.
- Then do the same procedure and this time press on submit and Voila your Blog has been successfully submitted to Google search engine.
Now it should probably take around a week or so to index your website. Depends on the algorithms of Google.
NOTE: this code is just for the first 500 posts if you have more than that then you’ll have to submit again. Moreover this process is automated you’ll have to add again when you are about to cross 1000 posts. See here for an example
And keep on going up to you want.
Hope you understood today’s tutorial was it that tough? Let me know in the comment section below and if you know anyone who is or want to start blogging for free redirect him to this blog.
Thank you for taking your time to read if you are reading up to now.