Hi hope you all guys are doing well. Today I'm going to share my experience on about how you can create a hotspot easily on Windows machine.
To be Frank I'm going to tell you that I haven't tried this on a PC, as I do most of my work from laptop. My brother won't let me touch his PC as whenever anything goes wrong with his system, the blame comes on me. So, everything which I try it's on a Dell inspiron 1525 laptop.
To create wi-fi hotspot you need to download a program called virtual router.
|note- images are compressed in order to load site faster|
- Download virtual router manager from here.
- In order to work this on your PC, your system must have support for wireless connection/adapter, or just buy an USB network adapter which are relatively cheap under 10$(approx 600 INR). This is one which i recommend, buy from here.
- For Indians buy from here.
- Download and install like any other program. Keep in mind that if your system does not have c++ installed, the installer will automatically download and install it for you, do don't freak out if it's taking time. It will depend on your system's performance.
- Open the program, then you can edit the name of the hotspot which you want, creature passwords and then provide connection
- While assigning connection, you need to sort that option which you have the internet connected to. If you have a single Ethernet or wifi connection, you should be easy to go because you'll only get one option to connect the internet.
- If you have more than two internet adapters, you can check from which adapter you are getting internet by simply going into settings of control panel of network.
- Check properly and assign that connection and start the hotspot.
|when you have more than 2 adapters select the any with internet connection|
Virtual router can create hotspot on any windows machine running XP, windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10.
Why you should use virtual router?
Suppose you don't get your wifi signal range in some corner of your house, instead of buying a wifi extender you can temporarily set up a hotspot for use instantly with your laptop.
Keep in mind that your laptop/PC should always be kept ON in order to receive your wifi signal.
For instance if you are not able to connect to your hotspot, just stop the connection from virtual router software and initiate the connection again and you should be able to use the internet once again.
You can also use this program to share your internet, let me explain you with an example. Everytime I go to inOrbit mall in vashi, navi Mumbai, always connect to jionet wifi its high speed internet, but it's restricted to only one user, meaning I cannot connect to my laptop and mobile with the same number.
So to avoid this trouble, all I do is connect my laptop to jionet wifi and then create my own hotspot from laptop. Then connect my mobile device, you get high speed internet on your laptop as well as on mobile.
I've tried with 2 devices connected to virtual router but I don't know how much amount of devices can be connected, you guys let me know if you are so much curious about it.
That's it for this tutorial here’s what a free program can do there are many more alternatives available in the internet like connectify, mHotspot but wasn’t having a good experience with the. Thank you for reading, make sure you are subscribed to the blog for more cool stuff.